Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"PARANOIA" Rant 3-29-11

Last week I was talking to a friend while he was working at his laptop when I noticed a thin strip of tape in the center of his computer display! (he's going to love me telling this story)

When I questioned him about it he looked a little sheepish, and then it hit me about the same time he told me. It was covering the internal webcam! This friend is very intelligent and I thought it was his idea of a joke, but I'm not so sure...hhhmmmm.

I remember hearing a story about hackers who had taken over computer webcams and turned them into external surveillance systems. This gave these perverts with artificial genitals the opportunity to watch all comings and goings as well as all activity.(isn't that a comforting thought, how do you walk around your house?)

The main purpose however seems to be to know when you are not at home or at work, giving these maggots the opportunity to rob you. The implications however are disquieting. Can an emmployer watch your activies while you are working, writing down and using any minor infraction against you?

Could Homeland Security, the FBI, or any other government agency spy on you through any of your webcam enabled devices? Interesting theory don't ya think?

How about your spouse, who in addition to this, has the ability to track the keystrokes on your computer as well GPS track your location. Hey, they can even turn the webcam on your cell phone in to a surveillance camera just by sending you a link in a email! How comforting is that!

You know what, for some reason I am not smiling anymore..I gotta go, I think it's time to not only tape my webcam, but to pull the battery from my cell phone as well as do a electronics sweep of my car!

Can anyone say "conspiracy theory"


Shhh..Look Around. I'm Done!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, indeed. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't watching, or listening, or key-logging, or garbage-sifting. Oh, hell. There's a good reason I'm paranoid. :~{

    ReplyDelete