Friday, March 18, 2011

"Panic" Rant 3-18-11

I have strictly tried to avoid family and work in my rants, but for some reason my youngest son has taken offense that he has never been the subject of one these. This surprises me because he is usually private about personal things. He also commented that no one reads my blog anyway. (ouch)

Maybe this will satisfy his craving, or not. :-)

I came home from work one day last week and as I was headed to my home office something did not look right. As I got closer to my son's room, I became a little panicky and my adrenaline started pumping...

There was someting lumpy on the floor sticking out of the door, at this point I was seeing faster than my brain was processing, so I proceeded to his room. When I got in the room I was scared! It looked like the room had been ransacked, it was a shambles! All sorts of things started going through my head, was he OK? Had the house been robbed? As I started looking through the house I began to calm down, nothing seemed to be out of place or missing, so I returned to his room for a calmer inspection.

When I began looking around the room things became clearer. The lump on the floor was used towels. The disarray on the bed amounted to miscellaneous school books, and an unmade bed! What I thought was further ransacking was unused clothing and shoes that, in spite of his mother's request, had not been hung up or put away in their proper place. Further inspection also showed an assortment of sports equipment and backpack. I can't even describe the desk!

 All in all, my conclusion was a typical teenage boys room...Although, I think I was happier when I thought it had been ransacked!


I'm Done :-)

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure he'll be much happier now that you've posted pictures of his "not so clean" room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, I only have one thing to say . . .


    train

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve- You know he loves that :)

    ReplyDelete