Friday, March 25, 2011

"Let's Talk" Rant for 3/25/11

Ok, let's talk about traffic cameras. I mean speed, red light and other devices of intrusion that that seem to generate cash for state and local governments, while not giving us the chance to dispute it.

These "Big Brother" instruments of government greed appear to be cropping up everywhere under the guise of "increasing safety". Pleeaaazze, do I look like I was spawned in a pond yesterday? If the rate that these government "peeping Tom" devices are popping up are any indication, cash is purely the issue!

Think about it, you have an uneventful drive home from work one evening, and two weeks later you receive a citation in the mail! First you're angry as hell, thinking, when did I get this?

Then you get even angrier, because you don't remember speeding, or even seeing a police officer. Then you feel violated, and that's the worst feeling of all.

It is extremely frustrating to think that everything you do could be under surveillance, and that you could be accused and fined without your knowledge. I must admit that you do have the option of disputing the violation in court, but the cost is prohibitive, especially if you can't afford to lose a day of work, or afford to pay the additional court cost if you lose. And another point, what about our right to face our accuser? How do you cross examine a camera?

What are we to do? How do you combat this most recent assault on our privacy? I don't know about you, but I am going to find a way to shade my license plate, and for good measure, I am going to wear a gorilla mask!





I'm Done!

2 comments:

  1. Its just another road sign on the highway to a faceless beureaucratic hell. Welcome to the "patriot act" world where we must all be guilty of something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have some "Hippie" left in me :)

    ReplyDelete