Friday, May 6, 2011

"WTH" Rant for 5-6-11

Let me ask! What do you do to offend the driving gods so egregiously, that you almost get in an accident with ..you are not going to believe this, A CROP DUSTER!

Stop laughing, this is serious stuff! (well, only if I had been hit) You know, as much as I complain about the beltway, this one really scared the heck out of me! ( You know this comment was edited :)

Let me set the scene, (again, stop laughing) I know, you can't make this stuff up. Anyway, I am crusin' back from Federalsburg, MD and it's a gorgeous day! So I am on 331 between Preston and Easton munching on a quarter pounder, when I see a yellow small plane making a dive towards the ground about a half-mile ahead. I know the direction he is heading and I am thinking "there's no airport there and he is coming down quick" I am convinced he is going to crash when he disappears over the tree line.

I began waiting for the crash but heard or saw nothing. I began looking to the right for some sign of where he went, when I came around a slight curve..and there he was at almost ground level spraying a field and heading toward the road..

I just remember thinking "you've got to be kidding, killed by a crop dusting plane! What are the $&%?$&! odds?" when the plane pulls up just before the road. I had already slammed the brake and the truck was heading sideways. Now I'm worried about getting hit by oncoming traffic, but fortunately I was not going very fast (thanks to the quarter pounder) and there was no oncoming traffic! (my wife will be glad to hear that)

I finally get the truck straightened out and the plane was gone. The car behind me has backed off to ridiculously safe distance and the world appeared to have returned to normal, except for my heartbeat, which by now is looking for serious relief. I know you will all be pleased to know that I didn't drop the quarter pounder or, even lose a piece of lettuce.

After my heartbeat returned to normal and I settled down, I began thinking, what the hell! The plane WAS SPRAYING! Now I am worried about being poisoned. I hope I don't wake up with another head. I have a hard enough time keeping this one straight!


I Was ALMOST Done

2 comments: