Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"GAS PRICES GIVE ME GAS" Rant for 5-03-11

Ok, is anybody besides me getting ready to go ape crap over gas prices?? This morning when I filled up my 15 Gal at 15MPG truck, my heart skipped a beat. I wonder what happens to the people who now can't even afford to drive to work.

Here is my problem, ok not my only one, but let's start here. Has anyone else seen the profit reports for part of the oil industry for the quarter? 47 BILLION DOLLARS! Yes my fleeced sheep friends, 47 BILLION! So can one of the "extreme right wing loons" (this statement doesn't speak to the whole conserative right) explain to me why we still give oil subsidies to these leeches?

I love how there is all this spouting about cutting smaller social programs, (Planned Parenthood and Headstart are killing us ;-p )but we refuse to look at the big ticket items. (earlier rant) OK right, as a sign of good faith lets cut oil subsidies and rein in corporate greed, and left, lets quit trying to care of everyone's problems.That should save a few bucks.

I don't know about you, but I am tired of paying for oil that hasn't even been removed from the ground yet. If the price went down you wouldn't see a reduction this quickly. Then there is the argument of "research". To that I answer how stupid do you think we are? If you can't manage your business on 47 BILLION in profit for a quarter, (do the math, that's almost 200 BILLION a year!) PLUS THE GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES, you need to be out of business.

Don't misunderstand I am not against profits. If my company didn't make profits I'd be holding a "will work for food sign" but enough is enough!

I really need to stay away from political stuff, it raises my blood pressure.


Im Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment