Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"REVENGE OF THE TREE" Rant for 5-10-11

Have you ever been stalked by a Christmas tree??  No, I am not smoking anything!

You may remember a "Rant" from February when I talked about the "Plight of the Christmas Tree". Well, I put the tree out for collection and I never saw it again, and that should have been the end of it..Oh No!

Imagine my surpise when I came home one day last week, and saw what I thought was a downed tree just off my property on the right side of my house. I was perplexed because fortunately all my trees were still standing. Imagine my STARK TERROR when I got closer and saw it was a "Christmas Tree"! Could this be...no it couldn't, not the neighborhood roaming "Christmas Tree"! Though it's greenery was now brown, it certainly resembles the roaming tree. Even a friend and neighbor who was walking by commented, "is that the tree?"

Where did the Franken-Tree come from,  and what wood chipping machine had it escaped from? And why come back here? What does it want? Will it harm the family? All sorts of horrible scenarios are going through my head! Maybe it knows that disposal means a future in the mulch pile, and is having none of it!

So here it sits, quietly staring at my house, plotting it's next move, like a spirit returned. For now we wait patiently as it is not on my property, but just a few more feet...and can you say BONFIRE!


Ok, maybe I need to be smoking something..It's just a dead tree..or is it ?

I'm Done :)

2 comments:

  1. Good Steve says a bonfire sounds wonderful. Evil Steve thinks the tree came back to try and work its way into a certain neighbor's car. Decorated. Tinsel and everything.

    ReplyDelete