Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What The Hell! Rant For 2-23-11

Forgive my absence for a few days, I am doing two jobs at work and there is not enough hours in the day. But I am grateful for my employment.

Again, I seem to be drawn to a political rant..will I never learn :-O

This one could stir some comment :-)

Let me say up front that I am not a big fan of Unions. (Strange, considering I grew up in very blue collar Philadelphia) My experience with them over the years as an employee, and employer has not been positive.

With that said, I still think we need to give unions their due. They helped build this country at a time when employees were poorly compensated, terribly treated, and then discarded. The labor unions strides in improving workers safety, wages, and job security at a crucial time in our history must be admired.

In spite of what your views are, the maniac governor of Wisconsin has crossed the line! His continuing attempt at union busting is so blatantly politically motivated, it's insulting. I have no doubt that Wisconsin is broke, as is California, and many other states, but blaming the unions collective bargaining agreement for the problem is assine! I truly believe that some pensions and health care benefits are not sustainable and must be adjusted, but his attack on unions is so self serving and pompous, the people of Wisconsin need to put a stop to it.

Here's the scenario, we know where most donations come from for both parties. We know the unions mostly donate to the democrats, and the large business like Koch Industries (more on them later) donate to the republicans. Sleazy Scott knows that if he "busts" the unions, he not only fills a republican party dream, but he also severely damages one of the main sources of donations to the democratic party. How transparent.

If he is really interested in just making Wisconsin solvent, he wouldn't have given his wealthy supporters a $150,000,000.00 in tax breaks, while trying to take that $150,000,000.00 back from the middle class. Remember my earlier mention of Koch industries? My understanding is that this is Wisconsin's largest energy supplier, and a provision of the budget proposed by Sleazy Scott would open Wisconsin's power plants up for purchase with no bids. HHmmm..Who do you think the buyer could be??

And in a final twist, this reptile showed his true colors and motivation when he thought he was speaking to one of the Koch brothers, (who not surprisingly was one his largest campaign contributors) and spoke of nailing the B@##$$&! The caller was actually a radio reporter! Unbelievable!

As many of you know from earlier rants, I now consider myself an independent and this is one of the reasons why. I do believe there are many "entitlements" that we need to look at as far as cost cutting, but I also believe we need to look at "defense" as well as other areas.

What I truly find disgusting is the constant attack on worker benefits. Somehow the right has manged to "redirect" the blame for the financial crisis from the "Wall Street Thieves" to "Main Street Benefits". Doesn't it strike you has odd that no one from any wall street firm has gone to jail, or been prosecuted for their role in our country's financial collapse? They not only avoided prosecution, but received government bailout money, and today it's business as usual!

So to Scott Walker I'd say don't get too comfortable in the governors chair. I don't think you'll be there long!

You should read the story for the full effect!



I'm Done!

2 comments:

  1. Mike, I'm going to repost this rant on my Facebook page so that more folks can read it. You are "spot on" about the erosion of the rights of working men and women in this tilted society. Why DID the government bail out the money-changers? Because they intended to make it back on the backs of the people without that power, that's why!

    I'm not done, I'm just getting started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, Thank you share with as many as you like.

    ReplyDelete