Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rant For 2-02-11

I had a whole different rant planned for today, but sometimes fate steps in and give you the material. A couple of things happened today that just served to remind me how ridiculously rude we have become. The ape like behaviour of these two "mensa" candidates, has prompted me to give them a "Chimp In Excellence" award. I am even attaching a photo of the award. I think we should all congratulate these two "poop throwers" for their overachievment in rudeness. I am humbled to have come in contact with these evolutionary misfits. Now on with their incredible stories...

Item #1- Since I am on "son to school" transportation duty this week, we leave a little earlier in the morning so we can beat the traffic. One of the things that I like to do is stop at the McDonald's across the parking lot from his school for us to have breakfast. It gives us a minute to talk.

We are in line waiting to place our order when a man with the speed of Superman and obviously at death's door from hunger decides an egg McMuffin is the only thing that can possibly save him. Waiting in line is just not an option. He literally bumped me out of the way! When I comment to my son (loud enough for the obviously dying man to hear) that "excuse me" would have been nice, this chimp award reciepient promptly grabs his food and is gone in a flash, completely ignoring me. I am however glad he was saved.. Well done!

Item #1 was just a warm up.

Item#2- After having lunch today, as is my usual custom, I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for my usual extra-large decaf. Anyone that knows me is aware that I drink a gallon of coffee a day. (hence the decaf) Well, the drive thru is unusually busy today, so there was a waiting line. After waiting patiently for my turn (yes I am patient once in awhile :), I placed my order and moved forward as much as I could. Suddenly I hear this blaring horn behind me and when I turn to see what is wrong, chimp award receipient number 2 is screaming at me to move forward so he can place his order. Well, as in the previous case, this chimp groomer is either dying of hunger and only a box of munchkins can save him, or  he is afraid they are going to run out of sprinkled donuts. In any case, I couldn't move forward as there was a car less than a foot in front me. I don't know where he thought he was going to go once he placed his order because there was 4 cars ahead of us..Did he think a car-hop was going to come out the back door and deliver his order?  But even with all of this I am still glad he was saved. It makes me proud to give him this award.

So without further ado..I herby give this "Chimp in Excellence"  award to poop thrower and chimp groomer...They should be so proud! Lets all of reflect on the behaviour of these receipients, and the inspiration and example they provide.




I'm done!

2 comments:

  1. Its a lovely award for the recipients except for one thing. There is waaay too much dangling for these fools. They would be too proud of their chimp dujour because of that. I think the award needs to be snipped first. Or the award winners need to be snipped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, Funny you mentioned that. These chimps lose their manhood if it freezes.

    ReplyDelete