Saturday, January 29, 2011

Rant For 1-29-11

I don't think todays comments are a rant. I think they qualify more as a sad commentary on our culture!

Item #1-Today I was out running errands, when I held the door for a couple of women leaving a restaurant. One of the women looked totally surprised, but had the courtesy to thank me. After walking a few steps the woman turned to me and said "your mama trained you right" (if only she knew!). I smiled, thanked her and went on my way. I then started thinking, what a sad state our culture is in when people notice and are surprised by common courtesy. What has happened? Why can't we slow down to observe common courtesies and give compliments? I believe some of the anger and rudness could be greatly reduced if we just remembered that all people deserve the same respect we do.

Want to make your day a little better? Hold a door for someone, it improved my day :-)

Item #2-Did anyone read the story about the mother in Florida who shot her two teenage children? Apparently, her excuse was that they were mouthy! How about that! I think that this article should be required reading for all of our teenage children. I'll bet we can get a few days peace out of it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment