Monday, January 10, 2011

Rant For 1-10-11

So many subjects, so little time :)

Item #1- Has anyone besides me lost patience with these insensitive, bubbleheaded interviewers that continue to ask the victims of tragedy "How do you feel"? These imbeciles pretend that they care when we all know that all they care about is the whether or not they beat the competition in the ratings. Hey, you oatmeal brained parasites, let people grieve in private!

Item #2- How many commercials are enough?? I don't know about you, but I've had my fill with the quantity and duration of commercials. How many times can you watch a promo for a new or returning show as well as a repeating product ad before you puke? If you've noticed, the commercials increase in frequency and duration as the end of the show approaches. I remember when cable was in it's infancy (No, not quite dinosaur times) and the big selling point was "no commercial interruptions". Now we pay for them to innundate us with this crap. Hey, advertising pirranahs, stop trying to indoctrinate me to products and services I don't need, it just pisses me off and makes me put in a DVD!

1 comment:

  1. Rant #1: I agree! I thought journalists were supposed to ask thought-provoking questions and brings us news we don't already know. "How do you feel?"!!!! Well, how do you THINK the victims of a tragedy feel??? DUH! Leave the victims and their families alone. You can update us on the situation without intruding on their grief.!!!

    #2 - That's what DVR is for! I hate commercials and there are a lot of shows I'll record rather than watch when they are on just so I can skip the commercials. I'm only going to buy/watch what I need/want anyway.

    ReplyDelete