Monday, April 11, 2011

"FAREWELL TO A FRIEND" Rant For 4-11-11

As this is the year that the Solo Cup-Owings Mills plant closes, I thought I would take the opportunity to say farewell to a companion and friend.

As my co-worker and I sit here we are wondering what will happen to our entertaining "gopher" :). The gopher has resided in the rock-strewn hillside outside of our offices for at least the last six years.

The gopher has provided many hours of entertainment as he thwarted many extermination and capture attempts by pest control, and lawn care professionals.

In the true tradition of "caddy shack" we have watched as he has humiliated everone who has attempted to bring about his demise. We watched as he has disappeared down one hole only to appear at another. He has provided much amusement as he has a scampered across the rocks in his playfull manner. This is no easy feat considering he is now the size of a small dog.

Forever gone will be the days when he would stick his head out to check the weather, only to dart back in if it was cold or wet. Gone also will be the vision of him basking on the rocks when the weather was warm and inviting. We will miss the amusing times, watching him as he observed exterminators confidently setting traps, only to return weeks later disheartened by their results ;)


So to the gopher we say, farewell friend, we will forever remember you and the many hours of joy you provided even on our bad days, may you ever avoid the trap! We will miss you!

                                           
I'm Done! LOL

2 comments:

  1. I think I can hear your gopher singing even now:

    "I'm alright, don't nobody worry 'bout me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda-Don't know where I am going yet :)

    ReplyDelete